Dear Parents and Friends,
In our Catholic church year we have now entered the season of Lent.
A season of prayer, fasting and almsgiving.
How will I approach Lent?
I always, but especially during Lent, will try to be a real and authentic leader, to accept and be grateful that God has chosen this path for me, to continue to embrace the community in Granville that I have been called to lead. I know that I belong here and that my vocation is to be the best person I can be for the children, parents, teachers and wider Granville parish community. I ask you to consider praying for me during this Lent that I have the strength and courage to continue this work with you and for you, that the Holy Spirit guides me in my work. I know that God is with me on this journey helping me to love one another, Jesus is by my side so that I can serve this community. I will be praying that each family will be better able to know and love our God and accept the life He has chosen for them. We are all here at HTG together because at this time “we belong here”, so let us pray and be together in harmony.
On Wednesday Holy Trinity Primary celebrated mass with our Delany community, what a wonderful experience for our children to be with these students and their teachers. We filled the church to capacity and our children were absolutely perfect we are very proud of our children. Did you know that Delany College and Holy Trinity Primary share the same motto, LOVE SERVE HOPE It is our intention to be present together with Delany to share many occasions in 2018. (See photos at the end of our newsletter).
Learning More About Lent
- violet is the colour
- commences on ASH WEDNESDAY
- lasts for 40 days, as a reminder that Jesus prayed in the desert for 40 days
- concludes with Easter triduum Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday
- calls us to
- pray for ourselves and each other
- fast - every person 14 years of age or older must abstain from meat (and items made with meat) on Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, and all the Fridays of Lent. Every person between the age of 18 and 59 (beginning of 60th year) must fast on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday. Fasting is not recommended for primary school age children, as they need their food intake to be regular and healthy to assist in growing their mind and body. It could be that children abstain from junk foods throughout lent, for example, do acts of mercy and kindness for others
May we all receive god’s blessings throughout this Lenten season.