Religious Education begins at our birth and continues throughout our lives.
Religious Education helps us and our children reflect upon ourselves, our world and our God in the context of our personal life experiences, the Sacred Scriptures and the Church and its traditions.
Our Religious Education program Sharing Our Story is integral to all that we do within our school. We aim to lead the students to a better understanding of their own Catholic tradition and emphasise the influence of the Holy Spirit at work in the lives of the students.
The Religious Education program at Holy Trinity values the children's life experiences and encourages them to discuss, question, and make judgments and decisions. Children are encouraged to express their new insights through actions, and are given opportunities to reflect and respond at appropriate levels. Children regularly engage in prayer and liturgical celebrations.
Liturgical life of the school
Major features of the liturgical life of the school include:
- Masses for significant occasions, such as the Opening of the School Year, Mothers Day, First Communion and End of Year
- student and parent participation in liturgies
- weekly participation in parish Mass
- liturgical celebrations held for Lent, Easter and Advent
- senior students forming the choir for major liturgical events
- staff prayer each week
The whole school gather for prayer each Monday morning. Children participate in daily prayer in the classroom.